WHAT WE BELIEVE
We are considered an evangelical church and are linked together with a long line of Christ-followers who have for centuries depended on the Bible as the basis for their beliefs. We believe the Bible is uniquely God-inspired and without error in the original writings. That’s why at Blackhawk you will hear messages that focus our attention on what the Bible says and how that message can transform us into becoming the kind of people God wants us to be.
- There is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is true God and true man. He lived a perfect life and died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins. He arose bodily from the dead.
- All people have sin in their lives and need God’s forgiveness. Those who trust in Jesus Christ and Him alone for their salvation become true members of the body of Christ.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and to indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- At the end, everyone will experience bodily resurrection and the judgment. Those who have faith in Christ will enjoy eternal fellowship with God.
We are a part of the Evangelical Free Church of America. For more information, visit the EFCA website.