Faith, Hope & Love
Every year Blackhawk Church takes part in a nationwide movement called Advent Conspiracy. We move away from the consumerism of Christmas and back to Jesus. It’s all about spending less money on stuff we don’t need and giving to things Jesus would care about. This year you can participate in Advent Conspiracy in three ways: give to the Advent Conspiracy offering, purchase Christmas presents for local families and/or serve in the community.
GIVE TO THE ADVENT CONSPIRACY OFFERING
Every dollar of the Advent Conspiracy offering goes outside our walls to support organizations in Dane County and around the world. To give by check, please write “Advent” in the memo line and drop in the offering boxes at each site. Online giving closes on January 7.
PURCHASE CHRISTMAS GIFTS
There are many families at Blackhawk and in Dane County who are struggling to meet the financial demands of everyday life. Join us as we come alongside these families and alleviate some of that financial burden by providing Christmas gifts and personal care items.
SERVE IN THE COMMUNITY
There are several opportunities to engage with and serve others in the Dane County community during this Christmas season.
Local Serving Opportunities
Funds from this year’s offering will support the following:
- The Beacon Homeless Day Resource Center: Providing volunteer program support and basic supplies for the new Beacon Homeless Day Resource Center where guests have access to housing and employment resources, case management, mental health care services and basic needs such as showers, laundry, meals, and more. (The Beacon)
- New Routes for Adolescents – [Re]Generacion: Empowering Latino youth through programming focused on reducing at-risk behavior and recidivism through engagement in thought-provoking dialogue and activities focused on community and cultural empowerment. (Centro Hispano of Dane County)
- Healing House: Providing short-term medical respite care to homeless families in need of ongoing medical recovery and long-term assistance to obtain stable housing, employment and follow up appointments. (Madison Area Urban Ministry)
- One City Healthy Meals Program: Providing a healthy meal program for students to develop healthy bodies and strong minds that will improve developmental, cognitive and behavioral outcomes in life’s early stages. (One City Early Learning Centers)
- Fresh Produce Initiative: Providing access to fresh produce year-round so that there are healthy options available for that those struggling with hunger throughout southwestern Wisconsin.
(Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin)
- Immigration Legal Aid Ministry: Equipping an immigrant church, through training, accreditation and resources, to set up an immigration legal aid program to provide immigrants with the hope of the gospel, help finding a pathway to legal residency, and a home in a church that cares for them. (Immigrant Hope)
- Refugee Resettlement Program: Providing support and services to refugees settling in Wisconsin including social services support, case management, employment services, citizenship training, health and medical service coordination. (Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan, Inc.)
- Hurricane Disaster Response: Providing resources and support for immediate disaster needs and long-term efforts to help rebuild communities affected by Hurricane Harvey, Irma, Katia and Maria. (EFCA ReachGlobal Crisis Response and The Salvation Army International)
- Combat Labor Trafficking: Rescuing trafficked victims, restoring survivors, holding criminals accountable, and helping law enforcement protect other vulnerable children, women and men from ever experiencing this abuse in Cambodia, Ghana, India and Thailand. (International Justice Mission)
- Refugee Winter Survival: Providing Syrian refugee children and families in Aqaba, Jordan with heaters, blankets, and clothing to survive the cold winter months. (Questscope)
- Middle East Refugee Crisis Response: Providing for basic and psychosocial needs of refugee families displaced by violence and persecution in Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Turkey and Yemen. (World Relief)
- Safe Water Project: Constructing a safe water solution for the Kataraka area in Uganda. (Living Water International)
- Safe Water Initiative: Constructing a safe water solution for a community in North Sumatra, Indonesia. (Water Mission)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.