CARE – STEPHEN MINISTRY
One-to-one ministry by trained, caring, lay ministers who have responded to Christ’s call to “carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.” Stephen Ministry provides someone who cares, supports, listens, shares, prays.
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister is:
- a Christ-follower who walks beside a hurting person
- a caring Christian who really listens and supports
- a lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide compassionate care.
A Stephen Minister is not:
- a counselor, therapist, or mental health professional
- a person who will solve all your problems
Why should I seek a Stephen Minister?
Are you going through a difficult time and needing someone to care, listen and share God’s love with you, one-to-one and confidentially? Are you hurting due to loss of a spouse, retirement, loneliness, unemployment, despair, childbirth, hospitalization, grief, separation and divorce, terminal illness, being shut in, faith issues or other problems? If so, a Stephen Minister could help.
How can I receive care from a Stephen Minister?
Please contact a member of our First Response Team for information.
I know someone who could use a Stephen Minister. How do I handle it?
Go to the person in need and let them know about Stephen Ministry. Pray with them about it.
Are you interested in training to be a Stephen Minister? Click the button for information.