Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding!
If you’re considering having your wedding at Blackhawk Church or are looking for support in preparing for your marriage, you’ve come to the right place.
We believe a wedding ceremony should be a Christ-centered celebration of two people being united by God. We also believe that a God-honoring marriage goes well beyond the wedding day, so we want to help couples begin their marriage on a strong spiritual foundation. At Blackhawk, we believe the basic principles of marriage outlined in the Bible offer the best way to pursue your journey of living and following Christ together. Because our mission at Blackhawk is to build a loving community that follows Christ, our marriage process is for couples who are Christ-followers and consider Blackhawk their church home.
Please complete a marriage application to initiate a conversation with Blackhawk about a wedding. Our weddings ministry administrative assistant will then contact you with next steps which will include meeting with Anne Kierce, director of weddings. Anne will meet with you to review your application, gather your story, and discuss your next steps as you prepare for marriage. We encourage couples to allow 6-9 months for the entire process from application to wedding.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
FEES FOR WEDDINGS
SYMBIS Assessment– $105
The fee covers the cost of the assessment and a meeting with your marriage preparation facilitator.
- Eastside Auditorium, Westside Auditorium, Underground, or Fireside Room ceremony – $580
- Atrium ceremony – $780
- The fee covers a Blackhawk wedding coordinator, sound technician and facility use.
Pastor Honorarium – suggested $300
It is customary for the bride and groom to give the officiating pastor an honorarium. We recommend approximately $300 as a guideline for that gift, which can be given directly to the pastor. Often couples will do this sometime the week of their ceremony.
Wedding with Reception
- Wedding ceremony with Westside Auditorium reception – $1,830 (includes $500 refundable security deposit)
- Wedding ceremony with Atrium or Underground reception – $1,180 (includes $200 refundable security deposit)
- Wedding ceremony with Fireside Room or Room 205 reception – $930 (includes $100 refundable security deposit)
- Add $200 to these fees if wedding ceremony is in the Atrium
- The fee covers a Blackhawk wedding coordinator, sound technician and facility use for both the wedding ceremony and reception.
The reception deposit will be refunded within two weeks of your reception, less any cleaning charges incurred and/or damages sustained. You must use one of our coordinators, who will provide access to the building, as well as help you with Blackhawk wedding resources, rehearsal staging and your ceremony. Your coordinator will also work closely with the pastoral staff member involved in your wedding, who will meet with you a couple of months ahead of time to discuss the details of your ceremony.