Helping students take the next step in their journey toward Christ.
Middle School is a time of significant changes in almost all areas of life and we desire to create a place for students to feel safe and cared for.
Home Groups Wednesdays
6:45-8:45 pm (except for MSM United) // local homes
Groups are divided geographically and by gender (i.e. Waunakee Girls, West Madison Boys). Within these Home Groups, each leader focuses on building community with four to five students.
Your student no longer needs to register for home group, they can just show up. If you would like to be added to the email list to stay in the loop on what is happening each week please fill out this form.
6:45-8:45 pm // Underground, Brader Way
On five Wednesdays during the school year, all Home Groups meet together at Brader Way for a large group event that corresponds with the current teaching series.
Every Sunday at all service hours (except 6:00 PM)
Fifth and sixth graders dig deeper in the Bible and build relationships with their peers and leaders in this fun Sunday opportunity. This ministry aims to prepare students to become active participants in adult services by teaching them how to study their Bible, what communion and baptism are, and how to engage in conversations about what they are learning.
After checking in, students worship with adults in one of the main venues then gather with leaders to head to their room.
STUDENTS SERVING AT BLACKHAWK
- Children’s Ministry – serve with Nursery or Preschool, run tech or lead worship for Elementary, serve with Family Fusion by joining the backstage crew or motions team, or helping with costumes and props
- Welcome Ministry – guide traffic on the Parking Team, help serve coffee, greet and welcome as an Usher or Host
- Fill out this form for more information!
Questions? Contact Brianna.
TRIPS AND EVENTS
MADISON MISSIONS: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Learn more and register
Week 1: June 11-16
Week 2: June 25-30
Week 3: July 2-7
Week 4: July 16-21
Week 5: July 23-28
Week 6: July 30-August 4
FAMILY MISSION TEAM 2017 – Hosting an international student
Hosting an international student can be a rich learning experience and a chance to share the love of Christ organically in daily life. Families have the opportunity to serve together as a “mission team” by connecting with International Friendship L.L.C., a cultural exchange organization.
- You’ll welcome a middle-school-age student from Spain in your home for four weeks (July 2 – 30).
- For one week during their stay, the visiting student will join their host sibling at Madison Missions. (This would be July 16-21 – “Week 4” of Madison Missions. If you have already registered for a different week of Madison Missions, we can shift your registration.)
ALASKA IMPACT/ MIDDLE SCHOOL GO TEAM
This will be our fifth summer partnering with Eaglecrest Alaska Missions in Sutton, Alaska. This trip is an excellent opportunity to grow in servant leadership and to connect with students that have different life experiences than the typical Madison, Wis., middle school student.
Registration for this trip is closed. Learn more about Blackhawk’s global and national partnerships.