Helping student ministry leaders stay equipped, energized and connected
SHOW NOTES & RESOURCES
In this episode Lief and Jimmy ask the question, “What’s up with kids these days?” Students are more stressed, anxious, and lonely than ever, and that means the way we do youth ministry might have to adapt.
As we consider how we might better understand and respond to this new generation, we dive into two recently published books, iGen by Jean Twenge, and Youth Ministry 2027 by Brock Morgan, and interview a number of different youth pastors from around the country about ways they think we can shape our ministries to better reach and love students.
- A New Look at the Next Generation
- Move Over Millennials, Here Comes “iGen”…or Maybe Not
- Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
- Don’t Take Away Your Teen’s Phone– a response to the above article
- “iGen” Author on Why Today’s Kids are Developing More Slowly
- Are Smartphones Making a Generation Unhappy?
YOUTH MINISTRY 2027
- Youth Ministry After 9 Podcast (interview with Brock Morgan)
*Please note: The views expressed by the producers of the above articles and videos are not necessarily representative of the views of Blackhawk Church.