Life Groups are an integral part of what we do as a church. We believe that sustained life change occurs as we are growing in relationship with Christ. We believe this happens best when we are prioritizing intentional relationships with others who are seeking this same goal. Life Groups provide people with the opportunity to connect with others, connect to God’s Word and connect with the greater community through serving. Our Life Group leaders create environments for people to develop and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
Paul taught the Corinthians that some plant the seeds, others water them, but God makes them grow (1 Corinthians 3:6). Group leaders have the privilege of creating environments in which seeds of faith are planted and watered in the lives of those they lead, while trusting God with the growth.
Since our Life Group leaders play such an important role, we take great care when enlisting them. Please read through this information to better understand the role of a leader, qualifications and expectations. If, after consideration, you are interested in pursuing Life Group leadership, please complete the application online. Once we receive your application, we will contact you to talk further.
Should you have questions regarding any of the following information, please call us at 608.828.4200 or email our Life Groups director, Carmen Boyd.
- Have a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Recognize the Bible as the authority for their lives
- Have Life Group experience
- Have the time, emotional capacity and moral discernment to lead a group
- Attend Basic Training before starting a group
- Commit to engage in leadership development opportunities provided by the church (twice per ministry year)
- Lead the group by facilitating the group meeting, monitoring its health and promoting participation among group members
- Commit to staying connected to a Life Group coach for support, trouble shooting and encouragement