Join the Blackhawk Kids Volunteer Team!
In Blackhawk Kids we want to help every kid take their next step toward Jesus. Volunteers help make Sundays the best hour of a kid’s week. Whether you like to connect with kids in a small group, lead from the front, serve during the week, or greet new families on Sundays, you can be part of helping kids learn more about God in a way that’s just right for them. In Blackhawk Kids we all work together to grow spiritually and connect relationally.
Blackhawk Kids is always looking for people to join the team! To see a comprehensive list of all BKids ministries and serving opportunities, click here. Here are the top needs in Blackhawk Kids:
- Small Group Leaders at all sites
- Weekday Child Caregiver
Watch the video to hear from one of our current volunteers. If you’re a current volunteer looking for your training, click here.
Sunday – Small Group Leader
These volunteers connect with a small group of kids during a service hour. Small Group Leaders play, lead connection activities, participate in large group, and facilitate small group discussion and activities.
Sunday – Room Leader
These volunteers lead one room during a service hour and support other volunteers in the room. Room Leaders check in kids at the door, oversee the flow of a service hour, and may also lead large group teaching.
Sunday – Welcome Team
These volunteers are often families’ first interaction with Blackhawk Kids on Sundays. Welcome volunteers provide a warm presence in kids hallways on Sundays for new families, people with questions, and volunteers.
Weekday Child Caregiver
These paid caregivers engage with children during Encounter (Wednesdays) and Mom to Mom (Thursdays) groups to provide childcare while playing, teaching a bible story, and assisting with crafts.
These volunteers help put on an interactive show where kids and families can worship together. There are volunteer roles for hosting these events, being on stage, helping lead worship, or serving behind the scenes.
Behind the Scenes
These volunteers prep crafts and make sure rooms are ready for Sundays. The craft team is mostly remote, while the supply team serves on site.
WE LOVE OUR VOLUNTEERS
Without volunteers, Blackhawk Kids would not be able to safely open spaces and invite kids into learning more about God and how much He loves us. Because of that, we strive to love on and equip volunteers throughout their serving experience.
Ways we care for our volunteers:
- Snacks & Coffee | Located in the BKids Canteen or Volunteer Central space at your site before or after serving
- BKids+ | Bonus programming during the 10:45 service for children of BKids volunteers so parents can serve during one service and attend church during the other. BKids+ includes free play, snack, worship, and a bonus bible activity*
- Training | Initial training as you onramp into your role as well as ongoing training opportunities throughout the year
- Appreciation Events | Opportunities to connect with other volunteers and let our team appreciate you! Events include Volunteer Kickoff, Volunteer Appreciation Day & T-Shirt Giveaway, and Ice Cream Sundae Sunday
CURRENT BKIDS VOLUNTEERS
We want all volunteers to be prepared to serve. Training courses are available with information about BKids vision, ministry and roles, and emergency preparedness.