In a direct command Jesus told his disciples to baptize new disciples. In the book of Acts we see many examples of the disciples baptizing new believers in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:41, 8:38, 9:18, 10:47).
We believe that baptism is for believers, people who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ. If you believe that Christ died for your sins and that He is your only hope for eternal life, then baptism might be the next step in your journey of faith.
What does baptism do?
Does baptism save me? NO. Salvation comes through faith in Christ alone. Baptism is not necessary for a new life in Christ and the assurance of salvation (John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 1:16). Baptism is a visible picture of an invisible reality. Upon trusting Christ, you were baptized by the Holy Spirit into the death, burial and resurrection of Christ. This is something that we can’t actually “see.” Water baptism pictures the fact that, as a believer, you are buried with Him (immersed in water) and raised with Him (coming out of the water) to new life.
Why do people decide to get baptized?
Many believers are baptized simply as an act of obedience to Christ’s command in Matthew 28:19. In addition, others see it as a way to publicly attest to their faith in Christ. It can be an outward sign to family members and friends that you have decided to follow Jesus. Water baptism can be a special moment where you physically sense what God has done for you in Christ.
Learn more about Child Dedication Celebrations.
What should I do if I want to be baptized?
October 29, 6 & 8 PM | Brader Way
Registration Deadline: September 26
- Download a baptism booklet (or pick one up from the Information Center)
- After you have read through the booklet, complete a baptism commitment form. We will contact you when the next baptism is taking place.
- Discovering Baptism Class: This one-hour class explores the biblical teaching on the meaning of baptism and answer the most commonly asked questions.
- The next Discovering Baptism class is scheduled for September 19 – Register here
- Once we have received your form you will be contacted with additional details.
- If you’re still not sure if baptism is right for you, watch this message on baptism.
- Questions? Contact us