We believe that cheerful and sacrificial giving is part of offering holistic worship to God. God does not need what we have. However, what we do with what we have guides our hearts. Giving reminds us that everything we have was given by God and we depend on Him to meet our every need. Giving expresses our gratitude to God by using His resources to continue telling His story in our community and world.
Ways to Give
Maybe you have noticed that Blackhawk Church does not “pass the plate” on Sundays. We offer several ways to give if you feel led to do so.
- ONLINE GIVING – An easy and secure option for giving to Blackhawk. It enables individuals and families to set up one-time or recurring giving. You may give using e-check, debit or credit cards. Please note: Blackhawk pays a 2-4% surcharge when you use debit or credit cards. We do not encourage incurring credit card debt to give.
- MAIL – Regardless of what Blackhawk site you attend, you may mail gifts to our office at the following address:
Blackhawk Church, Attn: Giving, 9620 Brader Way, Middleton, WI 53562
- OFFERING BOXES are located at the entrances/exits of each worship venue. Envelopes are available at each offering box and at your site’s Information Desk.
- NON-CASH GIFTS – If you wish to gift eligible appreciated securities to Blackhawk in order to receive giving credit for the full market value and avoid capital gains, please complete this form, send a copy to your broker to authorize the transfer and send a copy to Blackhawk (attn: Jon Mueller) advising us of the transaction.
- ESTATE PLANNING – One of the greatest gifts you can provide to ensure that the mission continues is by making a planned gift through your estate. A planned gift provides a financial foundation that enables the future ministries of Blackhawk for generations to come. For more information contact Darren DeKeyser, 608.828.4200.
- GENERAL FUND – The General Fund is used to support the full range of ministries at Blackhawk Church – from Sunday services to facility care, classes and programming for all ages, benevolence, local and global outreach, etc. The General Fund budget is the primary way we pursue our mission. Your unrestricted gift to the General Fund makes a difference by investing in the work God is doing in and through the Blackhawk community.
- DEBT REDUCTION FUND – Many are new to Blackhawk in the last several years and stand on the shoulders of those who gave sacrificially to build growing ministries. We want to continue to provide others with the opportunity to participate in building on that foundation for the future. This fund is used exclusively to accelerate debt reduction.
- SHORT-TERM MISSIONS – supports partnerships around the globe by covering the cost of team travel, ministry and supplies
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAM – provides individuals with first-hand ministry experience on the Blackhawk staff
Blackhawk Church takes security very seriously. Read our privacy statement.
For your protection, we have taken a number of steps to maximize the security of financial transactions that are accepted through online giving. Bank account processing is accomplished using secure processing services. Your entry of information is encrypted when transmitted.
The online giving registration asks you to provide contact and demographic information. Blackhawk does not share personal information. This information is stored in your file in a secure environment separate from our website.
- Financial Accountability
Blackhawk is committed to honoring God’s provision for our church by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices and full accountability to ensure the financial integrity of Blackhawk Church remains above reproach. We accomplish this through a system of internal controls and an internal budgeting and reporting process.
- In addition, an annual audit is performed by an independent certified public accounting firm. The results of this audit are submitted directly to the Elder Board for their review and approval.
- As the Scriptures say, “For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord, but also in the eyes of men.” 2 Corinthians 8:2
Blackhawk’s fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30.
GENERAL FUND GIVING UPDATE
Giving received (July-March): $6,264,204
Where we are: $260,290 behind budget
April budget: $619,216