Find Your Group
Groups are vital to our personal and spiritual growth, which is why we hope that everyone who calls Blackhawk their church home will engage in group life in some way. Before searching for a group, please check out more information about the different types of groups below.
A semester long (minimum) group where members will connect with each other, learn from the Bible, discuss the weekly sermons, and serve together. Life Groups are created around the following Group Focuses:
- Life Group: These Life Groups are intended for individuals from any ethnic background.
- Life Group (Asian American): These Life Groups are intended for individuals from the Asian American community.
- Life Group (BAAM): These Life Groups are intended for individuals who, through lived experiences, identify with the Black/African American culture and/or have household members who are Black/African Americans. These groups are connected to Blackhawk African American Ministry.
- Life Group (Chinese): These Life Groups are intended for individuals from the Chinese community, primarily for those whose first language is Chinese. These groups are connected to Blackhawk Chinese Ministry.
- Life Group (en español): These Life Groups are intended for individuals whose first language is Spanish.
Life Groups are also formed around the following life stages:
- College Age: Young adults who are in college or who are ages 18-22
- 20s + 30s: Adults in their 20s or 30s
- 30s + 40s: Adults in their 30s or 40s
- Recently Marrieds: Couples who are in their first 5 years of marriage
- Parent(s) of children birth-elementary: Any individual, whether single or married, who have children age birth-elementary
- Parent(s) of middle school and high school students: Any individual, whether single or married, who have students in middle school or high school
- Life After Divorce: Individuals who have experienced divorce
- Empty Nesters: Individuals with children outside of the home, ages approximately between 45 and 65
- Seniors: Individuals over the age of 65
- Multi-generational: Groups with a wide variety of ages and life stages
Questions about Life Groups? Contact Maddie Blanchard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Newlywed Connect: A 6-week group for couples in their 20s and 30s.
- What Happy Couples Know: A 4-week group for couples of all ages and stages.
- Parenting Through the Phases: A 6-week group for parents of kids of all ages.
- Connect + Thrive for Moms: A 6-week group for moms of school-aged kids and tweens.
Questions about Short-Term Groups? Contact Evelyn Paulsen at email@example.com.