Resources & Tools
Within just twenty years of Jesus’ resurrection, the fledgling church was fighting for its very existence. The greatest threat at this point did not come from widespread persecution; it came from within. And then a letter arrived, addressed from a man named Paul. It wasn’t what everyone wanted to hear, but it saved the church. Join us to learn how this letter to the Galatians so long ago might be just what we need to hear today.
- January 31 – Galatians 1:1-10, Charles Yu – Discussion Guide
- February 7 – Galatians 1:11-2:14, Chris Dolson – Discussion Guide
- February 14 – Galatians 2:15-3:5, Charles Yu – Discussion Guide
- February 21 – Galatians 3:6-18, Chris Dolson – Discussion Guide
- February 28 – Galatians 3:19-4:11, Adam Penning – Discussion Guide
PRAYER OF EXAMEN
As we learn to walk in step with the Spirit, the Prayer of Examen is a tool that can help us pray and reflect on how God’s been at work in our lives.
GALATIANS STUDY WITH CHARLES YU
We know that studying the Bible can feel intimidating, especially if you’re just starting out. This webinar is designed to help you build your confidence in reading and understanding Scripture through a few simple tools you can practice during the week, along with a live question and answer session with Charles Yu.
NEXT STEPS PODCAST
Each week, we’ll offer a short practice that will help us connect with God, meditate on part of the passage from Sunday, and live out God’s truth found in that passage. Listen on Spotify, iTunes, and Google Music.
- The Bible Project
- Paul for Everyone (Galatians), N.T. Wright
- Galatians Commentary (academic commentary)
- The Abrahamic Religions: A Very Short Introduction, Charles Cohen
- Jesus: A Very Short Introduction, Richard Bauckham
- The Cross of Christ, John Scott
First Century Judaism